Vampire No More?

By Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I've been working in the call center industry for a little over 5 years now. I was on night shift for the better part of those 5 years. I was a creature of the night (LOL). Sleeping during the day was something normal to me.

However, since the start of this year, I've always been on the 1pm-10pm shift. It's still not your regular nine to five, but hey, I get to go home in the evening and sleep at night. I wake up in the morning - close to noon... Hehehe. I felt like a "normal" working gal.

Just this week, I had to take the 6pm-3am shift because there were no other training rooms available during the day. I thought, hey, no biggie. I still get to go home before the sun comes out. But 3 days into this kind of shift and I wanna give up already. Hahaha! I can't sleep well into the afternoon anymore. I always wake up before noon and my body would refuse to go back to sleep. So what I do to pass the time is clean our room. You can just imagine how tidy our room is this week. LOL. Yeah, so since I wake up soooo early for my shift, I get sleepy halfway through my shift. I could almost hear my body say "Hey! It's 11pm already! Time to sleep!".

My body clock's been whacked. Hehehe.

Oh well. This is just for this week anyway. Starting next week, I'll be back on the 1pm-10pm shift. I hope it stays that way for the next 10 years. Hahaha! :p

Related Posts

0 comments