Insensitive Pinoys

By Wednesday, August 25, 2010 ,

I am Filipino and I'm proud to be one. I love the Philippines and everything it has to offer. But when something like this happens, it makes me want to rethink my "Pinoy Pride".

I am referring to the hostage drama that happened the other day.

I am a bit late in posting this. Fact is, I don't know much about everything that happened. I don't know the exact reason the for the hostage-taker's actions. I don't know exactly what our law enforcers did to try and save those poor tourists.

From what I have gathered though, the situation was very poorly handled and that it resulted in a blood bath. It is not something that we, as a nation should be proud of. The hostage-taker had his reasons, but what he did was wrong. The law enforcers did something, but it was severely wrong and it did not resolve the problem. I don't know if what they did only made matters worse. The media and the by-standers also should've known better.

I cannot blame people for being angry at Filipinos for what happened. I cannot blame Hongkong nationals for generalizing. Generalizing is something that we do when we are blinded with anger. Truthfully, I feel angry as well.

If these were what you saw, would you be passive? Would you still be able to say confidently that you are 100% proud of being Pinoy? If you were of a different race and you saw these photos, what would you think of the Philippines?



Pardon my opinion, but I think that the people in these pictures are very insensitive. They should be ashamed. Word of advice to them, "Don't travel to other Asian countries if you don't want to be discriminated against." Actually, they should be careful even here, as I'm sure a lot of people here (regardless of nationalities) aren't very happy with them at all. I know I'm not. I'm not very happy with what happened. Not at all.

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. Unbelievable. They should be ashamed of themselves. They are indeed insensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sobra, sobrang nakakahiya 'tong mga pictures na 'to. Grabe sila. Hay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. insensitive nga talaga, parang di nag iisip..

    ReplyDelete
  4. the photos are difinitely disgusting. this is not a funny moment, why are these people taking it so lightly? hate hate PNP

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what's worse? There is at least one blogger who called Rolando Mendoza a hero. I almost puked. What the hell is wrong with some people? He murdered 8 innocent people. How is that considered heroism?

    Sorry, nag mini rant sa blog mo.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mariel! Yeah, I wish they would realize what they did.

    Hi Ida! Nakakahiya talaga. Those pics were circulating in a Chinese forum. Galit na galit sila sa insensitivity ng mga taong nasa pics na yan.

    Hi Christian! Oo nga eh. You have to wonder... May EQ kaya yang mga taong yan?

    Hi Abby! They probably don't realize the sensitivity of the whole thing. Nakakalungkot to know na may mga people na ganyan...

    Hi Fickle Cattle! Okay lang. Hehe. Seriously? Someone called him a hero? I don't get it. I don't see how what he did can be heroic at all...

    ReplyDelete