Road to Fitness

By Monday, September 20, 2010

I've been in and out of the hospital (just for check ups and consultations) quite often in the past few months and after spending about a day in Medical City last week, I decided it's time I did something about my health. Hehe.

I've haven't really been sick much, but I feel that I'm now weaker. Probably comes with age since I'm nearing the big 30 already. Which is why I finally decided to go for that gym membership that I've been thinking about since last year. Hahaha!

I tried to stay away from the gym as much as I can because to me, it looked, well... intimidating. I tried playing badminton instead but only lasted a couple of weeks because I seriously couldn't find the time to go to the courts to play. Tried jogging/brisk walking, but I eventually lost interest.

What's good about signing up for a gym membership (aside from the fact that The Memet paid for my personal trainer. lol), is that Fitness First has a branch in my office building which is super duper convenient for me. They also have a branch in Robinsons Metro East which The Memet can frequent during weekdays. Going forward, we'll also be spending QT in their Metro East branch during weekends. =D


I'm loving the personal training so far. The Memet knows me as a "quitter" when it comes to sports. LOL! He signed me up for swimming lessons sometime last year and guess what... I didn't learn. Hahaha! After about an hour in the pool, I'm like "I'm tired. Let's go home". But with the personal trainer, I can't just say I quit. Hehe. See here, I already have some "homework" for this week. It's mostly cardio.


I'll only meet with my personal trainer once a week (during weekends), and that's when we'll work on my strength and resistance. I failed most of the tests that she did on me yesterday. Hahaha! Balance = Failed. Core = Failed. What else? I can't remember. I just know that I only passed a couple. Hahaha! Oh well.

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. Hopefully, I'll be a whole lot fitter (is that a word?) before the end of this year. Wish me luck! :)

Related Posts

0 comments