Yearning for Changes

By Tuesday, March 01, 2011 ,

First of all... Happy new month, everyone! Can't believe it's already March! It's as if I just blinked and the first quarter of this year's nearly over. LOL!

It's kinda weird. I was doing some reflection early today, and I can't seem to shrug off the feeling that I'm unhappy with my work right now. Yeah, yeah. If you've been following my blog, you know that I've talked about the same thing in the past a couple of times already. But see? I stuck it out. I'm still in the same company. Been in the same company for nearly 7 years now, since I graduated. My first job ever.

And yes, like I already mentioned before, I'm happy with the pay, the benefits, the people I work with. Can't complain there since my job has helped me become financially stable in the first place (Even with my seemingly uncontrollable shopping bouts). This job is a nice cushion.

Image Source: Google Images
But... I'm unhappy. I try to convince myself otherwise, but... This isn't what I want. Sure, I'm good at what I do. But it doesn't make me happy anymore. :( Coming to work everyday has been a real chore for the past couple of weeks. It's as if I'm slowly reaching the end of the road. I. Want. Change.
Okay. My batchmates and I got promoted just recently. We'll be confirmed to our new post in a couple of months. The increase in pay is pretty sweet. But... Yeah, there's that "but" again.

Argh. I don't know. I wanna do so many things. Other things. I don't want to be tied down by working for a company anymore. I wanna be my own boss. I want to break free. Hahaha! What a line.

But seriously. I want to break free from the corporate world. The only thing keeping it interesting for me is how corporate fashion continuously changes. LOL. I wanna be able to wake up in the morning, prepare breakfast for The Memet, do "wifely" things during the day, work on some money-earning thing during my free time, and have dinner ready for The Memet when he comes home. That's what I really wanna do. Lord, that's what I really want to do.

Sigh.

Anyway. My birthday's coming up in a few days. I should be thinking happy thoughts. Hehe. ;)

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Looks like you're burned out. Perhaps you just need a vacation. Congrats on your promotion, Diane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Thanks, Mariel. I think I need a year-long vacation. Hahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed, change is the only permanent thing in this world. seven years at work? wow, that's a long time! ako nagsasawa na agad sa work after a year. so i was very happy when i moved to a new job last month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe. Onga eh! 7 years this May. Grabe. You seem happy sa new job mo. I'm happy for you din! More success and blessings for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete