Bedroom Under Attack

By Monday, July 09, 2012

Some of you may be wondering what I've been up to since I resigned. Aside from taking care of the puppies, that is.

Well, here's a sneak peak at what I've been up to for the most part of today.

After the initial phase of dusting, wiping, and disinfecting (Yes, I regularly disinfect our room with Lysol and Alcohol. I'm that OC when it comes to eradicating germs. Haha), I rolled up my sleeves and cleaned out our closets. I was so focused on my goal that I didn't get to take the "before" shots, but here's a look at the end result:

HIS

HERS

The hubby's closet looks slightly roomier than mine because mine is split in the middle by the dresser. Yes, there's a dresser somewhere in there. Hehe!

I already destashed my closets sometime in June, so reorganizing my clothes was easy. I spent a great deal more time in the hubby's closet. The ending, 2 big piles of old clothes that he doesn't wear anymore. We'll probably give them all to his uncle next door or their other relatives. :)

After I finished with our closets, our storage room / walk-in closet called out to me. It's a small room off our bedroom that we've pretty much neglected since I moved in in 2009. I know, I know.

Again, I didn't get to take a "before" photo. Here's what I was able to do SO FAR:

Eeek!
As you can see, it's still pretty much a big mess. The only thing I was able to do was organize the clothes in hangers so that the sleeveless shirts, the dri-fit tees, the pants, the jackets, and the dresses are grouped together properly. Even organized like that, it still looks like a  big mess. :(

I'm planning on having shelves installed in there. And yeah, I love pink and all, but the paint (in the bedroom and the storage room) is just all wrong.

I'll clear out the clutter tomorrow. Yes, you read it right. I'm not done with the pseudo walk-in closet. I'll come in armed and ready tomorrow. I see a lot of clutter getting tossed out. Haha!

I'm already working on some sketches for the new cabinets and shelves. I just need to convince the hubby to   finance my little project. Haha! The paint and the flooring's another matter.

Project Bedroom Improvement is so ON! ^_^

Related Posts

0 comments