Hello, Melissa!

By Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sometime last year, I blogged about wanting to own a pair of Melissa shoes. Here's a link to the blog post where I posted some photos of the kind of Melissa shoes I wanted to own.

Fast forward to Q1 of this year. I was roaming around Shangri-La mall when I came across Melissa shoes in a small boutique. Please don't ask me for the name of the boutique... I can't remember. :( I do know that it's either on the 3rd or 4th floor. Or maybe it was the 2nd floor. So sorry... I know there's also a selection of Melissa Shoes in Rustan's in Shang so you can also take a peek there.

During the time I was roaming around Shangri-La, I only had a few thousand in my debit card because we were all waiting for the salary to be credited. But knowing myself, that didn't stop me from actually buying another pair of shoes.

The pair that I got wasn't anywhere on my wishlist. Haha! But don't you think it's pretty?

Pink is ♥♥♥
I couldn't resist this detailed pink pair. It just called out to me while I was browsing the selection that they had. Oh, if you can just smell it. It smells so good! Like bubble gum, I think. :)


The thing with Melissa Shoes though is that they do not come in half sizes. I'm usually a 5.5. I tried on the size 5 and it was too tight. I walked away with a pair in size 6. It was more comfy than the 5, but after I broke it in, I realized that the slightly heavy flats + the not so good fit caused my feet to hurt. (Yes, some Melissa shoes aren't exactly light-weight).

So, I had to look for ways to sort of make it fit me just right. I ended up buying a pair of... hmmm... corks? I don't know what it's called. The one that I got was a standard big one that you can cut to fit your shoes. It's the perforated tan thing that you can see in the pictures above. :)

Once the cork was in place, I was able to enjoy my shoes a whole lot more. Thank goodness. :)

I'll leave you with some parting shots showing the pretty details on the front and back of the shoes. ♥



Related Posts

0 comments