Islands Stay Hotel Cebu

By Friday, August 17, 2012 ,

The Memet and I were in Cebu early this year as part of our annual trip in celebration of our wedding anniversary.

Several months before we agreed that Cebu will be part of our itinerary, I saw a write-up about Islands Stay in Daphne OseƱa-Paez's blog. (Yes, I'm one of her many fans. Hehe!) I thought, hey, it looks pretty affordable and very clean! So... when The Memet and I finalized our trip's itinerary, I knew I'll book Islands Stay Hotel. :)

I went with the Mactan branch because it's closer to the airport. Heck, it's right up Airport Road. Haha! It's so close to the airport that our taxi ride only took about 5 mins. :p

When we arrived at the hotel, I must admit, I was a bit tentative because it looked rather small. There were no other establishments next to it on its side of the road. However, there's a small complex across from it that houses a few interesting restaurants, and few more a couple hundred meters away. So all in all, it really wasn't so bad.

The hotel staff were all very, very friendly. And I'd really love to single out their guard, because he was very attentive. He even offered to Google information for us when he couldn't answer some of our questions. Haha! He'd even hail a cab for you and help you carry your luggage or shopping bags to your room. He's the very essence of excellent customer service! :) It's such a shame I can't remember his name anymore.

Now, let's get to the good part. The room. The Memet and I appreciate lots and lots of space so we went for their XLarge room. Yup, they don't use the regular Superior, Deluxe, Suite terms. Theirs are Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large. Makes more sense if you ask me. Haha!

We got their XLarge room for Php1,950 per night. We were there for 3 nights. I think that we really got value for our money as the room was spacious and... spartan. Hehe. Here, let me show you:

Islands Stay Mactan
Photo from  http://www.islandsstay.com/
This is how the front of the building looks like. It's no Cebu Waterfront Hotel, but it's a great hotel for those of you on a budget.


This is the view from the back of the building. Parking lot was spacious. Hardly any vehicles were parked there.


And here's the room! Mostly white with orange and lime accents. It was very clean. Also very pleasing to the eyes.


I'm also very particular about bathrooms. I like my bathrooms clean. Otherwise, you can't make me step in there barefoot. Haha! Islands Stay's bathroom sure looked clean enough to me! It was small, but not too small. There was still ample room for one person to move around freely. The shower, sink, and toilet were also placed strategically so that the small space was maximized properly.


I love the stickers on the mirror. One reminds the guests to conserve water, while the other one, informs guests that the tap water isn't for drinking (more applicable to foreigners though).


There were orange towels and toiletry kits on both beds. Love the happy, orange color. :)


On one of the bare white walls, there was a quote. "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson. I like it. It's a nice deviation from the usual paintings and pictures that you'd see on walls.

Zubuchon
If you go hungry and are feeling lazy to go anywhere else, there's a Zubuchon resto at their ground floor lobby, next to the hotel's reception area. They had a full house when we went there for lunch on our first day.

Their specialty is their Zubuchon Lechon. It's like your regular lechon but with special herbs that give it a different taste. It's okay. The skin was really crunchy. But, I still like the original Cebu Lechon better. Hehe.

Zubuchon
Here's the Memet with our Zubuchon and Buttered Shrimp for lunch. Hehe! (Darnit, now I wanna go get me some lechon. I'm hungry...)


Overall, I'd say Islands Stay Hotel is great value for your money. Great staff, clean rooms, clean beds, clean bathrooms, and an accessible location. Not bad. Not bad at all. :)

For more information, please visit www.islandsstay.com.
Uptown Branch | Archbishop Reyes Ave., Cebu City | 032-266-0832
Mactan Branch | M.L. Quezon, Lapulapu City | 032-239-5456

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Great! Really like the lovely colors of the hotel so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I like your travel diary :) I looked on http://www.webbline.com/budget-hotels-in-cebu/ for affordable hotels in Cebu and they are very helpful. Anyway, do you recommend any other hotels in Cebu? Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete