Review: Orogold Manicure Set

By Friday, August 24, 2012

Took me a while to finally play around with this overly expensive manicure set that I got from Orogold. Hehe! Finally had time to mess with my hands, so here's what I think about the products.


First of all, can I just say that I ♥ the packaging? That's probably one of the reasons their products are expensive. Haha!


This is what the inside of the box looks like. The big tube on the left is a body lotion. I've used it several times and found that it's not all that compatible with my skin 'coz of my skin asthma. Makes me itch. But just a little. ;)

The little green bottle in there is tea tree oil... And the last two items are nail buffers. The long, black one is your regular buffer. The white one at the bottom is the one that the Orogold salesperson will use on you if you give in to their free trial deal at the malls. Hehe!

I'll only feature the 4-sided Orogold nail buffer and the tea tree oil in this post. So let's begin, shall we?


Here's a before photo of my nails. Looks like your everyday, regular nails. I don't normally go for manicures because I have a tendency to ruin my nails. Aside from that, the skin around my nails are pretty thin, so I'm scared that the nail techs would "murder" my fingers. LOL! I'm just lucky that my nails are naturally "French-tipped". The only thing I really do with them is a regular trim. And, I only trim it when they start to get too long. I'm lazy like that. LOL!


It's pretty easy using the buffer. Each side is marked with Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3, so you really cannot go wrong.

The side marked with Step 1 has the roughest surface. You only need to buff your fingernails with it for about 10-15 seconds. It'll sort of scrape off the surface of your fingernails. And because of that, it's recommended that you use Step 1 only once a month.


Step 2. Hmmm. I seriously cannot remember what Step 2 is for. I've had this kit with me for over a month now. Haha! But after using it today, I figure it's to sort of clean up the mess that Step 1 left. *shrug*

Buff your nails with Step 2 for about 10-15 seconds again.


And, finally... Step 3. You might be thinking why there are only 3 steps, when the buffer actually has 4 sides. Here's the thing. 2 sides are marked with Step 3. I dunno why. Haha!

Anyway, Step 3 is the key here. Its surface is silk, from what I'm told. And you can buff away all you want, anytime, any day. No restrictions here. I probably buffed my nails using the satin surface for about 30 seconds to a minute. Just keep buffing until you see your nails look real shiny.

Please click on the image for a closer look.

Here. Here's what your nails are going to look like after Step 3. It'll look glossed over. Looks like you have colorless nail polish. Pretty neat. It's also kinda freaky 'coz when you touch the surface of your nails, they're over-the-top smooth. Hehe!


The last step (finally!) is the tea tree oil. Again, I can't remember what it's for, but I think it's to seal in the shine. It also helped soften my cuticles. :)

Just a teeny-tiny drop on each nail will do.

Here's the end-result:

Please click on the image for a closer look.

Now, for the sake of this post, I only buffed the fingernails on my left hand. I just gotta figure out how to do the same steps on my right hand, because... well, I'm not ambidextrous, so my left hand isn't exactly as competent as my right. Haha! Wish me luck.

So. My verdict? While it delivers pretty nifty results, I really just don't see the point in buying this kit again. Sure, it gives me shiny, smooth nails, but... It's just too darned expensive. PLUS, I'm really lazy when it comes to my nails, so the next time I'll probably use this kit again will be after 2-3 months. LOL!

But if you're the kind of girl who's into doing her own nails and are after natural and sophisticated looking nails AND have money to splurge, then this manicure kit is for you.

Related Posts

5 comments

  1. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll settle
    for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to
    my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!
    My site: nails inglewood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anonymous!

    Wow, thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! I'll never buy this again. It's insanely overpriced. From a dubious original price of P3600 (others say they got offered P2500) down to P1500, it makes you wonder just how much their products really cost.

    Lesson learned: Stand up to pushy salesmen and hold on to your hard-earned money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. easilydupedgirl: manicure set looks nice but expensive and products are pedestrian. Tea tree oil cuticile oil is just mineral oil..very pushy salespersons - i have 2 extra boxes to give to friends as gifts, but feel embarassed because the ingredients in the products are dodgy sounding..next time I see the Orogold kiosk in a mall I shall RUN in the opposite direction - I suggest everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a really very smart guy! What a beautiful way you have adopted of explaining every aspect of the post.
    oro gold

    ReplyDelete