Review: Orogold 24K Golden Body Scrub

By Sunday, October 28, 2012

Yeah, yeah. I know... This review is long overdue. So, sue me. Haha! No, please don't.  :p

I'm a sucker for body scrubs and I have a few that I love to bits, but this one's a pretty expensive mistake.

Presenting... The Orogold 24k Golden Body Scrub:


The scent. I can't put my finger on it, but it smells like a man's perfume that I got a whiff of a long time ago. I like perfume, and this one isn't heady, but it's just not my type.

The scrubby bits are BIG salt granules that're soaked in oil. They didn't really say what kind of oil it was. It's a good thing I didn't get any allergic reactions. Haha!

How it's used. Well, you use it like your regular body scrub. You'd need to wet your skin first, of course. Then you can start scrubbing away. It has salt granules, so go ahead and scrub-a-dub-dub until it has dissolved. Focus on rough spots like elbows and knees.

Now, here's the thing. It does work. It gave me soft and moisturized skin after I used it. But my favorite Vanilla & Co. Grapeseed Polish can do the same thing, plus it's way cheaper. It's only P199 for a tub just as big as Orogold's scrub! Not to mention I like its scent better. Haha!

I paid P1,000 for Orogold's 24k Golden Body Scrub, if I'm not mistaken. OUCH. Never again.

But if you're rich and can't be bothered with cheap but effective bath products, then go ahead. No one's going to stop you. =P

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Wow, you paid only P1000 for it? It's a good thing I didn't get it for P1500 which the guy in Shangri La was offering me. He initially made a buy-1-take-1 (with the shea butter lotion) offer.

    No deal. Just like you, I get pretty much the same effect with Vanilla & Co.'s shea butter scrub and lotion.

    It's just so dodgy that their prices are way too high and they make you think that you're getting something for a steal by cutting down the price when you're actually getitng duped. They'll initially quote you a price for twice what you ended up paying for, and you feel like you got conned by their agressively pushy salespeople.

    Thank you for posting this though. Others should be warned about this but hey, if they have money to burn, then good for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is dodgy how Oro Gold price their products. They'll initially offer you something priced that's ridiculously high and try to cut that price in half (or get you a buy-1-take-1 deal). It makes you wonder how much their product really costs.

    I was offered this scrub for P3100 then P1500. But Vanilla & Co. can give me the same effects without the insane overpricing.

    Thanks for this post. Others should be warned about their aggressively pushy tactics and dubious pricing but hey, if you have money to burn, more power to you! :)

    ReplyDelete