Lucky Me! (Not Pancit Canton)
There are days when you just feel oh so lucky to be married to the man of your dreams, your soul mate, your best friend, etc. You feel like you're one of the happiest married couples on earth and that you can conquer anything that fate throws your way.
And then there are days you wanna kill him, and you think, 'Why did I marry this man again?'. LOL.
You gotta admit, you've been through both scenarios. If you haven't, I don't know what's wrong with you. Or maybe this whole thing's just me. Haha!
So, anyway. Marriage isn't complete without the ups and downs. And before I get stuck in the "Downs", I just want to write about some of the reasons why I feel like I'm a lucky wife:
1. He cooks for me. Yup, I can't cook. I can clean the house and keep everything in order real well. But I can't cook. So he does that for me. Happily.
2. He always calls me before coming home late at night to check if I want anything for a midnight snack. And if I say I don't want anything, he still usually buys me food anyway.
3. Yesterday, before my mini-bazaar with friends began, I told him that I want to drop by Starbucks before going home later that night. After the whole bazaar deal was wrapped up, I was so tired that I completely forgot. Now, The Memet's the forgetful sort, so imagine my surprise when he still brought me to Starbucks before driving home.
4. He kisses me goodbye before leaving for work even when I'm still half asleep and gross with morning breath and un-sexy bed hair.
5. He encourages me to sleep in even during work days - and I often indulge him even when I know better. Hahaha!
7. He tries to make me laugh when I'm picking a random fight. Here's an example of what he suddenly texted me after I sent him several text messages full of rants in English: "Memet, please don't English me. I'm panic".
8. He's very supportive in my business ventures (my monkey business. lol). He's an engineer / delivery boy. And he even made room for my very own [little] showroom in our [still unfinished] house.
That's about all I can think of. It's not a very long list, but it's enough so that I have something to look at when I'm feeling like I married the wrong guy. Hahaha! But seriously, I believe I married my soul mate. :p
Memet, I love you! Mwah! (Eeew. Cheesy much? Hahaha!)