Review: Pure Castile Soap by Casa de Lorenzo

By Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Nope. Not blogging about a bed and breakfast, a hotel, or an inn. Hehe!


Here's a brief overview of what Casa de Lorenzo is all about:

"Casa de Lorenzo is the Spanish translation of "House of the Lorenzos." Originally, our products were enjoyed by the family, relatives and friends. Now, we share the luxuries and benefits of our natural products to everyone.

Casa de Lorenzo Oils, Aromatics and Soaps provides premium Carrier OilsEssential Oils, and Natural Liquid Soaps in the Philippines. Discover the wonderful benefits of going natural and indulge your senses with the real thing from nature, by nature."

Description was taken from their website: http://www.thecasadelorenzo.com/

So, anyway. One of the owners messaged me in GT and offered to send me a sample of their products to try. She decided to have me try their product because I have sensitive skin and I'm partial to organic/natural products. :)

Here are snapshots of the bottle of Pure Castile Soap that was sent to me:




Performance-wise, I'd have to say that it's hands-down effective. It's mild and leaves the skin adequately moisturized. Yes, this from someone with skin asthma. If you're fond of suds though, you won't get that from using this castile soap. It hardly creates any suds. For me, it doesn't matter anyway because the soap suds won't really do anything to clean your skin.

I don't know how others do it, but when I use liquid soap, I like having a bath glove handy. What I do is I wet a bath glove, then I squirt some liquid soap on it before rubbing the glove on my skin. I sometimes use a wash cloth as an alternative, but I feel way cleaner with the bath glove. My skin feels more... squeaky clean. Hehe!

Overall, I love Casa de Lorenzo's Liquid Castile Soap. I'm just not too fond of the scent. The one I was sent was lavender scented. Now, I don't know if it's just my nose, but it doesn't seem to smell quite like lavender to me. It has a medicinal smell to it. It's kinda... spa-like. Not that it's bad, but, I don't know. Maybe I'm more used to edible scents when it comes to my bath products. Chocolate or vanilla, anyone? :p

Hmmm. Maybe I should try their peppermint Liquid Castile Soap next. Yeah, I think I'll do that when I finish off this bottle. :)

Casa de Lorenzo's Liquid Castile Soap sells for P350 per bottle, but they have an ongoing Holiday Sale. Check it out, 50% off until December 20. So hurry! =)

Click on the image to find out more about the promo.

Related Posts

0 comments