Baguio: Cafe by the Ruins

By Monday, April 01, 2013 ,

During our 2nd day in Baguio, The Memet and I decided to have breakfast in Cafe by the Ruins. Not knowing where it was, we decided to hop in our car and drive around while looking for its location using the internet on our mobile phones.

As it turned out, it was only spitting distance from the hotel we were staying in (Holiday Park Hotel). It's right beside Eurotel, near a turnabout. We could've walked from Holiday Park to Cafe by the Ruins in less than 5 minutes. Haha!

Anyway, we were able to squeeze our car into their tiny parking area that was already pretty much occupied.

Again, I'm no food blogger, so I cannot offer you a comprehensive review on how their food was. I can, however, share some photos with you. :p


Their menu was pretty unique in shape and content. The prices? A bit on the steep side if you're used to having breakfast at McDonald's, like The Memet and myself. Haha!


The fresh fruits came with what I ordered. It's one of the few things that I loved about our breakfast that morning. They were all fresh and sweet.


I also asked for hot tea to go with my breakfast. Now, the thing about Baguio is... No hot drink stays hot for very long because of the chilly weather. My "hot" tea was already cold by the time my brekky was served. Haha! Maybe they should've served it extra hot.

  
My main dish was a mushroom omelette served with a piece of bread instead of rice. It was pretty good, but my taste buds were asking for more spices. I love spices on my food. And this particular omelette came off as a little bland for my taste.


The Memet ordered fried bangus with salted eggs and tomatoes and organic rice. He said it was "okay". He liked the fish best. Said it tasted fresh and not unpleasantly fishy. Hehe!


And of course, he just had to order an extra slice of bacon. It was pretty good, but the cut was too thick for me. I prefer my bacon thinly sliced and extra crispy. ;-)


Before we left, The Memet bought some breads from their display up front. May I just say that their breads were on the expensive end too? My blueberry muffins were about P45 each and they were blah. Didn't like the muffins at all. The Memet's ensaymada was pretty good, but it was P90 each. Whoa.


I read somewhere that Cafe by the Ruins' champorado was really good. If we weren't going to spend the day exploring, I'd've ordered that. But because I'm lactose intolerant, I didn't want to risk it. LOL! You might want to try it though, if you're in the area. :)

Budget per person is around P200-P250.

Cafe by the Ruins is located on # 23 Chuntug Street, Baguio City. Biggest landmark is a Eurotel branch. You can also visit their Facebook Page if you feel like it.


Related Posts

0 comments