Baguio: Choco-late de Batirol

By Wednesday, April 10, 2013 ,

On our last day in Baguio, we thought we'd have breakfast in Choco-late de Batirol. They specialize in thick, bittersweet chocolate drinks made from local cacao beans.


Like most everything else in Baguio, it took us a while to find Choco-late de Batirol. Haha! We found it near Camp John Hay's Gate 2, in the Igorot Park. It's pretty near Baguio Country Club. It's a small place, so if you're not looking for it, it's quite easy to miss it.


The atmosphere's really laid back and one of a kind. On their counter, you'll find their menus and some goodies that you can bring home to your friends and family.


Eating at Choco-late de Batirol is like dining at a garden, so there are things you need to keep in mind. First of all, if you plan to go there on a chilly January morning, DO NOT wear shorts with your sweater and sneaks. I don't know what I was thinking. I almost froze to death. Haha! I'm exaggerating of course, but there you go. If you're used to wearing shorts on chilly mornings, never mind then. Secondly, since the place is surrounded by plants, you may want to slather on some bug repellent. Some mosquitoes were able to get a good chunk of me. Ouch.

Longganisa Vigan (P160)

The Memet and I both ordered their Vigan Longganisa meal for some reason. The serving was a bit small, and the egg wasn't the perfect sunny side up sort, but the Vigan Longganisa was REALLY yummy. They were tiny, yeah, but the flavor, oh, the flavor. Haha! Yeah. It was good. For us, it was darned tasty. Some people don't like the salty/sour flavor of the Vigan Longganisa though.

Choco Mallows (P95) and Traditional Blend (P80)
Their hot chocolate drinks were something else. Really thick, as advertised, and absolutely yummy. The mallows were okay. I was kinda expecting the sort that came with Swiss Miss drinks, but it'll be a sure hit with kids nonetheless.

Would've been nice if they gave us a glass of water each to go with our meals. I, personally, like to wash down sweet stuff (hot choco in this case) with a few gulps of good ol' H2O.

Would I go back if I visit Baguio again? My taste buds were happy here, so I definitely will. ;-)

Related Posts

0 comments