Vigan: Hotel Felicidad

By Monday, June 17, 2013 ,

Hello, humans! I come in peace. My name is Edward. I am the alien that abducted Dianne and I thought I'd write on her blog just for fun.

Haha! I must be out of my mind. Anyway, sorry for my absence from the blogosphere. An alien named Edward didn't abduct me. I've just been busy... and, I admit, too lazy to blog.

Anyway, I'm back. :)

So, today I'd like to share with you our experience in Hotel Felicidad when The Memet and I went on our great Northern Luzon trip earlier this year. The hotel doesn't have its own website, but they do have a Facebook page. These days, who doesn't? Right? Hehe! Here's their link: https://www.facebook.com/hotelfelicidadvigan

Hotel Felicidad is one of the newest boutique hotels in Vigan. They opened in December of 2012, so they haven't been in business for very long. I have to say that though they're still considerably new (We went there in January 2013), they did a great job with us when we visited. Everyone was so welcoming and attentive. The place is also near the famous Calle Crisologo which was perfect for us, because The Memet and I really went to Vigan just to see that particular street. Haha!

The only major drawback with our stay was that they didn't have their own parking area. Well, there is a tiny parking area at the back of the hotel, but at the time we were there, the parking area was occupied with the owner's vehicle and they wouldn't let anyone else park there. The staff assisted us though in parking a couple of blocks down the street in a private property. I don't know how much The Memet paid to park there overnight, but I believe it wasn't that much. :)

So anyway, here are the much awaited photos.


Wait. Did I tell you their rooms are very spacious? Well, I'm telling you now. Their rooms are very spacious. Haha!




It isn't just the bedroom that's spacious. Their bathroom is quite spacious too. Now, you know how particular I am about bathrooms. I'm happy to say that theirs met my personal standards. Haha!

It was clean, totally not cramped, and they had a bidet. :p





I didn't use the toiletries that they provided coz I'm afraid for my skin. Hate skin asthma.

The whole place had a modernized vintage feel to it. It's a restored old house, and they didn't modernize it so much that it looked all from this era - which is just awesome. Walking around the house, you'd still get a sense of the old house. If you know what I mean.






Confession: I kept glancing at the windows, half-expecting to see someone standing behind the curtains. A little creepy, but exciting at the same time. Hahaha!

So, would I recommend Hotel Felicidad to fellow travelers? I most definitely would! The place was clean, the bedrooms had adequate space even for people who aren't teeny like me, and the staff were friendly! What more could anyone ask for? :)

Related Posts

0 comments