Sierra Madre Road Trip

By Wednesday, May 07, 2014 ,

I have lived in Rizal all my life (Well, except for five years when we lived in another country), but it was only recently that I found out that Sierra Madre is just a stone's throw away from my town. Imagine that! My dad found out about it through his riding buddies and has ridden through Sierra Madre via motorcycle with them. He enjoyed it so much that he decided to have us experience it as well.

When going on a Sierra Madre Road Trip, you won't exactly drive through the entire Sierra Madre. It's a VERY long mountain range, the longest one in the Philippines, I believe. When driving through it via Rizal, you'll only see a very small part of it. The route we took was via Cogeo (from Marcos Highway) and straight through to Antipolo (via Tanay). That route takes around 2-3 hours. You can't really get lost as long as you stick to the main road.

Here are some of the pictures that we took when we went on a Sunday road trip around Sierra Madre. :)





The roads that we drove through were all nicely paved and there wasn't any traffic. There was actually hardly any other vehicles on the road. The view was also spectacular. I mean, sure, it's mostly just mountains and greens, but that's nature for you. :)

There's a resort there that you can also check out when you're in the area. It's the Sierra Madre Hotel & Resort. We paid the P100 day trip fee (per head) and took photos while walking the grounds. There are places there with really stunning views. I actually know a handful of couples who had their pre-nup photo shoots there.







The place is really big, but we weren't able to go through the entire resort because it was really hot when we were there. They have a pretty hanging bridge that will look great in photos. I didn't get to see it in person, but I saw it on some of my friends' pre-nup photos. Hehehe!

You can check in and stay at the resort overnight too. The rates are on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thesierramadrehotelandresort. I just don't know what their rooms look like as I wasn't able to take a peek.

There are a few other resorts in the area that I haven't checked out yet. Perhaps when my own car's finally completely assembled, we'll go on another road trip and check out another resort. :)

Related Posts

0 comments