A Red Carpet Wedding

By Tuesday, June 17, 2014 , ,

I went through the photo albums here on my laptop and I was a bit surprised to notice that I attend quite a number of weddings every year. I'm not complaining, because like I mentioned in a previous blog post, I like dressing up. It's just that... I feel like I'm getting old. I mean, gone are the days when all that I'm attending are 18th Birthdays / Debuts. Now, it's all about weddings and baby showers. Haha!

Oh well. :p

Last December, I attended another wedding. The theme on this one was Hollywood / Red Carpet. Now, this couple isn't another high school or college friend. They're a much younger couple, my friends from church. They call me Ate D / Mommy D. Yes, I feel quite old. Haha!

Why don't we just move on to the pictures? I have limited photos from the church, but I was able to take a lot at the reception. The venue looked wonderful, and it did look like an awards night, complete with a red carpet!






I got an Early Bird Award, and even the prize was very apt for the theme. T'was a cute birdie trophy! Haha!


And here are some photos of the newlyweds. I was sort of on paparazzi mode that night. Hahaha!



I love the photo below. It would've been perfect had their official photographer not shown up out of nowhere and blocked Mem & Ona. LOL.


The Memet wasn't able to attend this wedding, because he was busy at work and couldn't take a vacation leave (as usual). So I attended the wedding with my mom & my ninang (godmother) - both of whom looked utterly stunning that night - and my other "younger" group of friends who showed up really, really late. 



I love photographing weddings, but the drawback is that at the end of the day, I usually don't have any photos of myself. I think my Ninang Cora took pity on me after the wedding ceremony, because she insisted on taking the photo below:


I usually use my Nikon D40 (yes, my DSLR is a bit ancient, but I love it) whenever I travel or attend events, so hardly anyone offers to take my photos using my camera, unless I'm with friends who know how to use a DSLR. Well, some people do offer, but the photos always come out blurred. So I was really happy to find this one pretty clear. My ninang's got steady hands! Hehe!

Oh, and a little tip before I end this post: When attending garden weddings / receptions, bring a pair of flip flops or bejeweled sandals with you. Or you can wear wedges. DO NOT wear stilettos. Your heels are going to end up sinking into the soil. Haha!

I wore stilettos to the wedding ceremony then switched to flip flops when we got to the reception. Hehehe!


Outfit Details (Again, just in case anyone asks. Haha!):

Dress - Paper Dolls
Shoes - Twinky
Lipstick - Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Always Red (01)

Related Posts

0 comments