Waging a New Battle Against Pimples

By Wednesday, September 24, 2014 ,

If you've read the post that I made about my Battle Against Acne roughly two years ago, you'd know that I won that battle slowly and surely with the use of Benzac and my other HG (Holy Grail) face products. I was pretty much pimple free since then, with only the occasional pimples during that time of the month. My dark pimple marks also went away and my skin was pretty much as clear as it's ever been. Well, the oiliness was still there (still is), but it's nothing that an oil control film couldn't deal with.

Here's a picture of me taken on my birthday earlier this year, before all hell broke loose on my face.


For some reason, a myriad of allergies came out after I hit 30 (I'll be totally honest and brave and say that I'm already 32 years old). The first time, it manifested on my legs. And for a while, it was all just on my legs, on my arms, or pretty much anywhere on my body. I started using Aveeno bath products this year and it's been pretty much manageable since then. I hardly ever get the itchies anymore.

But just as I got my skin under control, my face decided to act up in late May of this year. I got a horrible allergic reaction that was primarily caused by my sweat (remember the sweltering heat this last summer?). I consulted with a dermatologist and I was given medications and such. My allergy cleared up, but to keep it that way, I had to give up my HG face products. I was also told not to wear any makeup (including lipstick) for about two months. Without the acne maintenance products, my pimples came back with a vengeance. And they sure as heck were visible without the aid of makeup to at least hide them when I step out of the house.

I tried One Earth's Heavy Duty Organic Zit Buster, but it didn't really agree with me. Sure, it dried up my pimples pretty fast, but I was left with peeling skin and dark pimple marks. It also did not help prevent new pimples from popping up. It was as if as soon as one pimple healed, 2 new ones came in its place. You can just imagine the plummet that my self confidence took. Actually, it's still pretty much at an all time low right now.

A friend of mine who's a nurse recommended I try Calmoseptine. She has sensitive skin like me, and she said that she swears by Calmoseptine whenever she gets pimples. According to her, it's effective against acne and it doesn't leave any dark marks.

Yesterday, I was at Watsons and I got myself three sachets of Calmoseptine. Here's the information you'll find on the front and back of the sachet.



I applied some on my face before bed last night. I actually spread a thin layer over my entire face, because aside from the big cystic acne, I also have tiny little ones that look like rashes or allergies of some sort. I applied an extra layer over the big pimples.

When I woke up this morning, well, nothing much had changed. Same face, same number of pimples. So I washed my face and applied the ointment on my entire face again. Here's what I look like right now (Yep, right now):




That's bare-faced me.

You won't really notice the pimples until you look at the sides of my face. The small white mustache on top of my upper lip? I usually get pimples there. Actually, a lot of my pimples come out in the perioral region (around the mouth) of my face. A lot of my pimples are on the jaw line right now, so that's where all the extra layers of Calmoseptine are. Haha! If you wash away the Calmoseptine, you'll see that I have a lot of dark pimple marks. My face is also pretty red because of the clusters of pimples.

So anyway, I've only applied Calmoseptine on my face twice so far, so I can't really tell you if it's working or not. It seems to lessen the redness though, but that's probably because my face turns white with the product. Haha! I'll keep you updated on the progress. Heck, I'll let you know even if there's no progress at all.

Calmoseptine is available in all major drugstores nationwide (Infomercial? LOL!). One 3.5g sachet costs a little over P30 (less than $1), and the ointment is really thick so a little will go a long way. Oh, it doesn't smell very pleasant, but the scent goes away after a minute or two.

I'll be back with an update in about a week... Or two. :)

Related Posts

4 comments

  1. Me kasamang informercial.. Hahaha!
    I didnt know you had been carrying this fight against pimples.
    I know, I have about 2 big ones right now, and they are making me concious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelangan yung infomercial. LOL!

      I've been carrying around this burden for quite some time. It just wasn't very obvious for a while because Benzac had it under control. However, things went haywire when my allergies acted up and I had to stop using Benzac. :(

      Pimples are the bane of people's existence. I hope your 2 big ones don't stay around for too long...

      Delete
  2. I suffer from acne too, did you get any results from the calmoseptine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      I stopped after 2 weeks, because every time a pimple or two dried up, two or three more popped up in its place. My breakout was close to severe, so I had to go to a dermatologist for treatment (I'm still currently under treatment, but my breakout's mostly gone. Just recovering from the marks.)

      Delete