Eastbound Auto Show

By Thursday, October 02, 2014 , , ,

After attending Human Nature Cainta's MTO last Saturday (September 27), my dad drove us over to the Cainta Municipal Hall to check out the cars on display at the Eastbound Auto Show.

Okay. Truth is, our sole purpose for going there was to check out how our car turned out. And... Here it is!



We took one look at it and we were floored. Excellent job, Sir Arvee of DWork! The paint job was awesome and the engine bay was absolutely neat-o! Everything looked so CLEAN. And you know me, I love clean. Haha!

I may not look it, but I love cars. I still don't know a lot about them, but I know enough. I think I got it from my dad. He likes buying second hand cars and fixing them up. I don't even know how many cars we've already had.


Our Accord's engine was taken from a Honda Prelude, and of course, with the Prelude being a sports coupe, you can just imagine how fast our Accord can go. The Memet and I have driven it a couple of times before it went in to be repainted and I can tell you that this baby can move. You can floor it and it'll still be asking for more. When running at 100kph, you just need to slightly step on the accelerator and you'd feel the engine respond eagerly. Whew.

I'm glad I now know how to drive and that I have my license. I can't wait to drive this car where there's no speed limit! Haha!



It just occurred to me that I was not able to take a shot of the entire car. I was so excited with how great it turned out that I didn't think about it anymore. Some other time. *grin*

Oh, by the way, I'd like to thank Pink Turbo for featuring our Accord in her blog. Thank you, sis!

There were two other cars in the show that I loved. One of them was the Honda S2000. Who doesn't love a red sports car? Just look at that sweet ride...


The other one was the blue Toyota SR5. As far as I know, there are less than 10 of these in the Philippines. I happen to sort of own one of them. *grin* The Memet got it for me in late 2012. We were fixing it up, but well, the Auto Shop that we entrusted it to just couldn't get anything right. He had the car for almost a year and well, now that we have it, it's still not good to drive. It won't even run. He ended up botching the entire thing (paint, engine, everything) and now, we just want to sell it. Too many bad memories.


I couldn't help but stare at the blue SR5 and wonder why the darned Auto Shop that had our SR5 couldn't make it look as good as this one. *sigh*

Anyway. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

We now have two fast cars in the family. Our red 2008 Toyota Vios (it's fast, I tell you), and our black Honda Accord (1994, I think?), which is sort of mine now because we'll be selling the SR5. Haha!



I wore my favorite weekend get-up to the car show: t-shirt, denim shorts, and a pair of fun flats. My bag's a roomy wonder that can fit just about anything. Haha!

(Black Pinay & Proud T-Shirt from Human Nature; Black Bag from The Memet Shop; Shorts & Flats from a Tiangge)

Segue: My Pinay & Proud shirt was made by Trese (Bagong Payatas Community Ventures Inc.) for Human Nature. Trese is located in Gawad Kalinga Blue Eagle Village, Quezon City. Whenever you buy a shirt made by Trese, you're helping provide sustainable jobs for their community.

That's one of the many things I love about Human Nature. They're truly Pro-Philippines. :)

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Hi! By any chance, did you happen to know who the owner of that red Honda S2000 is? :D

    ReplyDelete