My First Bioessence Experience

By Friday, October 31, 2014 , ,

Bioessence has been around for years, and I honestly don't know why I've never set foot in any of their branches. Okay, I take that back. I used to be afraid of derma clinics because of the horror stories I've heard about people getting bad breakouts after a facial. So even with my oily acne-prone skin, I avoided dermatologists as much as I could. Right now I'm thinking that wasn't a very wise move on my part.

So anyway, I got a privilege pass from the Bioessence booth at the recent Blogapalooza event and I would've completely forgotten about it (hello, hectic schedule!) if someone from Bioessence hadn't sent me a reminder. Thank you, thank you for the reminder!

The privilege pass entitled the holder to either a facial or a back massage, and whichever one you chose was absolutely free. I'm forever stressed, so I scheduled myself for a back massage last Tuesday at their Sta. Lucia East branch.

I thought I'd hit two birds with one stone and consult with one of their dermatologists regarding my horrendous breakout as well. The dermatologist took one look at my face and knew that my skin was sensitive. They suggested an oxygen facial and I went with it.

I was led to a small room where I was to have my back massage and my facial. The back massage was dry, and the blouse I was wearing was wrinkle proof, so I didn't have to strip down.

I'll cut to the chase and say that my back massage was marvelous! The masseuse's pressure was just right and each stroke took my stress level a notch lower. I'm the ticklish sort, and not once did I feel like struggling away from the masseuse's hands. Haha! I actually wished that the massage went on forever. However, good things must come to an end.

After my massage, they gave me a few minutes of quiet time (zzzz...) before I was prepped for my facial.

My facial took approximately 2 hours. Haha! There were so much gunk and oil deposits to remove from my face. I was in pain, but I also felt bad for the girl who did my facial because I'm sure my face gave her quite a challenge.



Sorry for the grainy photo. I only had my cellphone with me and the room was pretty dark when the attendant left me for a few minutes to allow the mask to settle on my face. Hehe!

After my long and excruciating facial, one of the dermatologists, Dr. Veron, was waiting for me. She talked to me about how I should properly care for my skin. I'm to avoid seafood, chicken, and eggs for the mean time. She told me to avoid stress as well and to get enough sleep (sleep's tough 'coz of my insomnia).

Dr. Veron also suggested I get an Acne Control Kit, so I did. I'm easy like that. Haha!


Overall, I'd say I'm very happy with the way I was treated at Bioessence in Sta. Lucia. Their staff was attentive and their dermatologists were competent. They also appeared to genuinely care for my skin's condition. Dra. Veron swore that my skin would visibly improve in a week if I stuck to the regimen that she suggested.

I'm going back for a follow-up check-up next week, and I'm hoping that my skin would've already shown some improvement by then. Actually, I'm already starting to see some improvement, but I'll save that for a different post. *wink*

Here's Bioessence's website, in case you'd like to know more about them: http://bioessence.ph/. Their website's very helpful because it has information on the services they provide. You can also find a list of all their branches there.

Related Posts

9 comments

  1. Hahaha, my photos of my experience are either grainy or orange because of the lighting. But you're right about the massage. It was marvelous! (Went to their branch in SM Southmall)

    Which reminds me that I need to get to that blog review soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sis, hurry! You can only submit your blog post until today, if you want to qualify for the meet and greet with ANTM Allison Harvard. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Great review! Posted mine a few days ago. I wasn't disappointed with their service either even though the skin expert talked me into "upgrading" my premium pass from Blogapalooza and getting a 2-hour diamond peel facial exfoliation instead haha. It was worth it though! Nawala yung mga maliliit ko na pimples <3

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm happy you didn't regret it! :) Sana ako din mawala na ng tuluyan ang pimples ko. Hehe! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    Any idea how much are their anti-pimple services??

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they have anti-pimple services per se... But their basic facials are around P500. :) Would be best if you ask them directly. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, do they have a sauna or shower room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maya! The branch I went to did not have either one.

      Delete
  5. Hi, The product Acne control kit, it can be use by teenager that having a acne in forehead?

    ReplyDelete