October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

By Wednesday, October 15, 2014 , ,

According to Ms. Daphne Oseña-Paez, the Philippines has "the highest occurrence of breast cancer in South East Asia... # 9 in the world."

I'm pretty rattled with the statistics, and you should be too.

Women shouldn't lose hope though, because breast cancer can be prevented. Women over 40 are advised to get annual mammograms, while younger women should do monthly self-examinations. Since I fall in the category of "younger women" (haha!), I usually have my gynecologist do a breast exam on me whenever I go in for my annual pap smear - that's aside from my monthly self exams, by the way. One can never be too sure. After all, prevention is better than cure.

To help with breast cancer awareness, Human Nature recently launched a body wash called Mammome.

Image courtesy of Human Nature

The back of the bottle has instructions on how you can regularly do a self-examination in the shower, which I think is pretty cool.

Image courtesy of Human Nature

If you're in the vicinity of Valenzuela City, Cuts Against Cancer in cooperation with Human Nature will attempt to set a record for having the most hair donated to charity in one day. They're looking for donations of healthy hair that are at least 8 inches long.

If you feel like donating your healthy locks to charity, head on over to SM City Valenzuela on October 23 (Thursday), 3-9pm. It's probably time for a stylish short 'do anyway. *wink*

Image courtesy of Human Nature 

If you want to help, but won't be able donate hair (like me), don't fret because there's another way. This is a great option for shopaholics (again, like me). Hehe!

The ICanServe Foundation has an online shop where you can buy accessories, shirts, bands, fans, etc. The items are pretty cool too. Whenever you buy anything from them, you're helping the ICanServe Foundation "continue their advocacy in favor of women at risk for or living with breast cancer."

I already did some shopping earlier this month, and here are the stuff that I got.





Pretty cool, huh? What're you waiting for? Go on and shop for a cause. :)

Related Posts

0 comments