Why I Love Blogging

By Wednesday, November 05, 2014 ,

I've been blogging since God knows when. I've used Xanga, LiveJournal, and Multiply. I've been using Blogspot on and off since 2006, and have just recently started to blog more often again.

So why do I blog? What is it about blogging that I find rewarding enough to make me keep coming back?


Here's the thing. I've loved writing and reading books since I was in elementary. That's a long time ago. If I hadn't passed for a quota course when I took the UPCAT more than a decade ago (ghad, I feel old), I would've gone for Journalism instead of Psychology. Don't get me wrong though. I have no regrets in being a Psych grad.

Anyway. Even before I discovered the wonderful world of blogging, I already kept a diary (the girly kind with the padlock). When I started to grow too old for that, I started writing in a journal. The thing I love about writing is that it helps me document my life. I like taking pictures and that's one way of documenting my journey, but writing, for me, gives me more insight on what I was feeling and thinking at a certain period in the past.

Every now and then, I'd unearth my old journals and read through them just for fun, and it'd help me remember my high school and college life in scents and colors. It helps remind me of the hurdles that I went through, the heartaches, and the small daily triumphs. Reading through my past helps me remember how I became who I am now.

In contrast to keeping a ratty old journal, blogging is more public. Blogging helps me share my journey with the world. Not that everyone across the globe reads my blog, but you get my point. I've written a few posts in the past that have touched and inspired a few others. That, in itself, is a reward.

Recently, friends have been urging me to post about beauty and fashion since I've been getting a few questions here and there about where I get my clothes, my shoes, my bags, and what brand of lipstick I'm wearing. I want to accommodate them, really, I do. But I'm actually kind of camera shy. Hahaha!


There are times when I get lucky and I look good in some photos (versus in real life), but it's not consistent. Though I wish it was. LOL.

So I find it rather timely that Bloggers ng Pinas came up with a workshop on Basic Photography Tips and Tricks for Bloggers. I'm looking forward to it because, while it might not help me look better in photos (Haha!), I'm sure it'll help me come up with better photos that you, my readers, will enjoy.


If you're also interested in joining the workshop, you have until the end of today to sign up and pay the very affordable fee of P350. The workshop's happening on November 8 (Saturday) in Fully Booked, BGC. It starts at 1pm.

You can sign up by visiting this link: bit.ly/bnpworkshop 

Hope to see you there!

Related Posts

6 comments

  1. Great post! Parehas tayo... I also loved writing and reading books since I was a kid. I guess blogging is just a way for me to fuse two of my passions together -- writing and fashion <3

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Do you think kids who start reading books early eventually end up having a passion for writing too? Or is it just us? Hehe!

      Delete
  2. Hi Dianne! I realized that the comment I left using my iPad didn't went through. So I'm here again, haha. I just want to say that I don't think I can agree with you about what you said that you don't look good in all photos cos YOU DO! You.always.do. I hope you keep writing about beauty and travel posts because you inspire girls like me who has very little to no knowledge about beauty stuff and interesting places that we can find within the country. Oh! And I love your Memet stories, too! haha.

    Regards to the Memet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? I told you you're the sweetest! Hehehe! :)

      Thank you so much. I promise, I'll continue to write about my travels. I'll try to write more about beauty too. But I'll have to start with getting rid of this horrible breakout first. >.<

      Makakarating kay Memet. Haha! :)

      Delete