Baguio's High Point Boutique Inn & Restaurant

By Friday, January 16, 2015 , ,

My Hello, 2015! post was full of my adventures in the previous month. And one of them was our quick visit to Baguio. My sister in law has never been there, so when they came home for the new year, we made sure that Baguio was one of our stops.


Holiday Park Hotel was already fully booked when I was looking for accommodations for our two-night stay but after some diligent searching, I found High Point Boutique Inn and Restaurant and booked them through Agoda. (I love Agoda's book now, pay later option. Hehe!)


We headed up to Baguio on the 28th of December. Traffic wasn't so bad going up, but we did see a ton of cars heading down. We thought it was a good thing, but apparently, traffic was still seriously congested in Baguio City even with the huge volume of vehicles leaving the city. Luckily, High Point is right along Kennon Road (a few hundred meters before the Welcome to Baguio City arch), so we didn't have to endure through too much traffic. We drove right in and parked our car, because we wanted to have a meal and get some rest before we officially started our adventure. We didn't really get a lot of sleep prior to the trip.

As we were famished and we still had time before the "official" check in time, we decided to try out High Point's lunch fare. We ordered the following:







Now, don't hate me, but I'm not that much into Filipino food. I don't know what's wrong with my taste buds. The only Filipino dishes I really, really like are the silog ones and the grilled stuff. Haha!

But my family loves Filipino food, and so we ordered the stuff in the pictures above. After the meal, we all agreed that the viands weren't all that tasty. Yep. They were all mostly bland. We spent approximately P200-P400 per head during that lunch.

By the time we finished eating, our room was ready and we were allowed to head up.



The room I picked out for my family was a Triple Deluxe. There were six of us and there were three double beds, so we had ample room to sleep comfortably. The photo below is the only one I was able to take when we got to the room because as soon as we were all inside, my family was all over the place. Haha! I tried to take a photo of the bathroom, but it was occupied at the time and I completely forgot about it.


Because of Baguio's weather, the room had a kind of musty smell to it. But then again, we only noticed because we all have very sensitive noses.

The bathroom was spacious enough and could fit two folks at a time. The only thing was that the sink wouldn't drain properly. It took forever for the water to seep through the drain and it was dripping underneath, so one of the staff had to put a trash bin under the sink to catch all the drip, drip, drip. We just had to remember to throw the dirty water in the toilet so that it didn't overflow onto the bathroom floor. It was a task that nobody looked forward to. Haha!

There was hot water in the shower (yey!), but there were no rugs inside the bathroom, so we tended to track wetness all over the bathroom floor. It wasn't entirely sanitary, because whenever someone wearing shoes entered the wet bathroom, the place always ended up muddy. It's a good thing I had tons of wet wipes with me, so I always cleaned up after somebody's been in the bathroom.

There was one roll of (free) tissue in the bathroom, but if you used it up and wanted more, you'd have to pay for a new roll. If you wanted to use a hair dryer, you had to pay for it too. And they charged per day. It's a good thing we brought our own. As for the tissue, we just bought our own stash. It was cheaper that way.

If you're going to stay at High Point, it would be best if you bring all your essentials with you. Oh, wait. They did, however, have towels for all of us. I'm just not sure if there's an extra charge if you asked for fresh towels after a day or two.

Anyway, after the forgettable lunch experience that we had, I was sincerely looking forward to what kind of breakfast we would be served the next day. I'm a breakfast person. Compared to the lunch that we had, Breakfast wasn't so bad. We ordered two of each of the following dishes:




The portions were a bit on the small side. But I'm glad it tasted okay. The boys liked the bangus the best. We ended up ordering the same things during our two breakfasts there. Haha!

Overall, I'd say our stay was okay at best. It wasn't entirely terrible and it wasn't great. The hotel staff weren't terrible, and they weren't great either. Some of them were nice, but some of them weren't all that pleasant to deal with. Would I stay there again in the future? Probably not. Sure, the six of us paid less than 7k for our two-night stay there (not including our bill for lunch), but I guess I was kind of expecting more than an "okay" experience. I was looking for more warmth in the staff's service. Hehe! And a small thing like bathroom rugs could've made a huge difference.

We did, however, enjoy the complimentary WIFI and the comfortable beds. The six of us really fit nicely in our Triple Deluxe bedroom.



___________________________________
High Point Boutique Inn and Restaurant
Kennon Rd. Cor. Amistad St., Camp 7
Baguio City, Philippines 2600
[63] 908.891.8765
http://highpoint.com.ph/

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your review about this place. I think if one is on a budget, this place would be okay to stay to. Next time Baguio's hotels are fully booked and we'd have to stay here - Ill definitely remember to bring with us a rug, hahahahaha... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You're welcome sis. It's definitely okay if folks are on a budget. Just don't have lunch or dinner there. It's better to eat somewhere else. Hehe! The breakfast's ok though. :)

      And yes, bring a bathroom rug with you. And tissues. And a hairdryer. LOL!

      *Hugs*

      Delete