My Modern Korean Dining Experience at Eum•Ma•Ne

By Monday, March 30, 2015

One of my friends from way back when was in the country for a while and since we hadn't seen each other in so many years, we wanted to do some catching up. After a few text messages, we finally agreed on a schedule - a lunch date at a restaurant in Capitol Commons where her husband works.

I wasn't really sure what to expect , but on the ride over, they told me that we'd be eating at a modern Korean restaurant. The first thing that came to mind? Kimchi!!! I love kimchi. Hehe!

Eum•Ma•Ne (pronounced uhm-MA-ne) is located in the up and coming Estancia Mall in the Capitol Commons complex, in Pasig. If you know where Shangri-La, Lourdes School of Mandaluyong, One San Miguel Ave. Bldg., and Astoria Plaza Hotel are, it's easy enough to find. Otherwise, you can always consult Google for directions on how to get to Capitol Commons. *wink*


Let's take a look at what my friend and I had for lunch earlier today, shall we?

Kimchi Quesadillas - P395 (Good for 1-2 persons)
Kimchi and cheese-filled quesadillas served with cilantro sour cream and Gochujang-spiced tomato salsa.

We ordered two starters, and Kimchi Quesadillas was one of them. It was a very interesting mix of kimchi and cheese, and I loved how the two flavors seemed to dance on my taste buds. Of the two dips, I absolutely loved the cilantro sour cream. It was a great compliment to the kimchi and cheese's strong flavors.

Bulgogi Jalapeño Poppers - P375 (Good for 1-2 persons)

Beef bulgogi and cheese stuffed into breaded jalapeños served with cilantro sour cream and Gochujang tomato salsa and crispy taro chips.

I've never had a jalapeño popper before, and I gotta say that this one set the bar quite high. It had a nice bite to it and the flavors just seemed to explode in my mouth. I'm not as tolerant as The Memet when it comes to spicy food, but this one's just right. It's an absolute must try.

Soju Battered Dory Tacos - P395 (Good for 1-2 persons)

Korean Soju-battered cream dory fillet, house-made guacamole, and sesame coleslaw inside two flour tortillas with a side of mango relish and Gochujang Sauce.

I've been craving for tacos for the past few days, so when I saw they had tacos on their menu, I jumped at the chance and ordered it for our main dish. First off, can I just say that I love their guacamole? Hehe! The coleslaw in the  mix also added a nice flavor to the tacos, so there really wasn't much need for the sauces. The dory fillets were really crispy too!


Banana Milk Cake - P225 (Good for 1-2 persons)

A favorite drink in Korea, banana milk, is transformed into a cheese cake that will satisfy your every desire.

This dessert was absolutely yum-o! I was really full by the time it was served, but my friend and I were able to finish it nonetheless. It wasn't overly sweet and the different layers gave a vibrant taste to the entire dish.

~o~

Overall, I would say that I'm absolutely thankful that my friend treated me to lunch at Eum•Ma•Ne. The food was really good and the staff were all polite and pleasant.

There's one more thing that's worth mentioning here: I love how I could see into their kitchen. Having just recovered from a horrible tummy flu, it was reassuring to know that the food at Eum•Ma•Ne was meticulously prepared in a clean and sanitary kitchen.

Our seats had a direct view of the kitchen so we could see how our food was being prepared.

Here's my friend's husband in action; Head Chef Alain Viado.
(He's the one with white embroidery on the chest of his uniform)

It's also worth noting that their servings are quite big. On the descriptions in their menu, the dishes we ordered were meant for 1-2 persons. But in reality, the two starters were good for maybe three persons. One proof that they have huge servings is I'm still full until now. It's already past 10pm. We had lunch around 12:30pm. Hahaha!

So there. You guys should consider visiting Eum•Ma•Ne for lunch. There were only two other diners during the entire time that we were there, but I heard they get a lot of customers during dinner hours.

Eum•Ma•Ne's business hours are as follows:
Sunday to Thursday, 11:30am - 3:00pm and 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday to Saturday, 11:30am - 3:00pm and 6:00pm - 2:00am

Jay Anne, Chef Alain, and myself. =)

Before I end this post, I would like to thank my friend, Jay Anne, for treating me to lunch. It was really nice catching up with you! And thanks, Chef Alain, for making sure that our food was yummy and that we were enjoying our lunch.







________________________________
Eum•Ma•Ne Restaurant and Lounge
Ground Floor, Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons,
Oranbo, Pasig City
Facebook: www.facebook.com/eummane
Instagram & Twitter: @eummane


Eum-ma-ne Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Related Posts

7 comments

  1. It looks really good, especially the dessert. hehehe. :) It's quite near me so I can try this soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! Let us know how it goes. You really should try their dessert. But bring some friends with you. Their servings are pretty big. Hehe!

      Delete
  2. The food looks super good! I love how the dishes are a fusion of Korean and other cuisines. I'm especially intrigued by the Korean Mexican ones, the quesadilla <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kimchi quesadilla's really good, especially with the cilantro sour cream dip. You should try it if you find yourself in the area. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Korean cuisine, but don't think I have ever tried something like what Eum•Ma•Ne offers. This is the second blog post about this restaurant that I read this week. I think I need to add this to my go-to list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the first modern Korean restaurant in the Philippines. It's a great idea, actually. Hehe!

      Please let me know what you think after you've been there. :)

      Delete
  4. I've eaten there as well and I gotta agree that most of their food are really good. You should have tried the salmon and ribs. They are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete