Mom & Tina's: Best Beef Tapa Ever!

By Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I was craving for some really yummy tapa last week and The Memet knew just where to bring me.

I've been to Mom & Tina's several times, but I always ordered pasta. I even had my 30th birthday party there. Don't even try to stop and think about how old I am right now. Hahaha!

When The Memet and I met up with some of my high school friends a year or two ago, I remember ordering their tapa breakfast meal, and I've been hooked ever since! Read on to find out why.

U.S. Beef Tapa - P295

There are five (5) main reasons why I love Mom & Tina's U.S. Beef Tapa:

1. It's not sweet. Beef tapa shouldn't be sweet. Ever.
2. It's not swimming in sauce. I've seen some beef tapa out there that looks more like heavily sauced beef steak. Not my thing.
3. It's crunchy! Like bacon! Who doesn't' love bacon?
4. It's mostly lean. I don't like chunks of fat in my tapa.
5. It comes with a side of awesome atchara.

Before we proceed, let me just define two things in case you're not that familiar with the terms "tapa" and "atchara".

"Tapa" is dried or cured beef (usually cured with salt and spices), while "atchara" is a pickle made from grated unripe papaya. (Thanks for the definitions, wikipedia!)

Aside from one beef tapa meal each, The Memet and I  also ordered the following:

Queso de Bola Spread with Bread - P250

Blue Lemonade - P60

Lychee Shake - P120

We couldn't finish the Queso de Bola spread, so we took it home instead. The Memet loved his blue lemonade, and I loved my lychee shake.

So you see, Mom & Tina's is a cafe, but it's not just about cakes and pastries. They serve some pretty wicked main course too. It's a little on the pricey side, but trust me, it's well worth it.

What about you? What's your favorite Mom & Tina's dish?




________________________
Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe
http://momandtinas.com/
https://www.facebook.com/momandtinas
Twitter & Instagram: @MomandTinas

Related Posts

22 comments

  1. Okay, US Beef tapa is really good, but the Lychee shake is better! I haven't tried it yet, how does it taste like? I'm sure its refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS refreshing! Hehe! Can't describe it. Not too sweet... Just right. :) You should try it! :)

      Delete
  2. wow, itsura pa lang, busog ka na. It really looks good! nom i wanna try soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you blog about it too when you do? I want to know if you find it yummy too. :)

      Delete
  3. That beef tapa does look good! Unfortunately for me, I'm not allowed to eat beef so I guess I'll be trying out that Queso de Bola spread instead. :) I've never been to Mom and Tina's before, and this is just the nudge I needed. Thanks for sharing, Dianne! :)

    ~ Jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, sis! They've got some pretty good pasta too. My favorite is their sun dried tomato pasta. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I only go there for desserts because the dishes that I had tried so far were always either a hit or a miss. But I don't think I have ever tried their beef tapa. Judging by your descriptions, that's my kind of tapa, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know sis if you do try their tapa. ^_^

      Delete
  5. I don't like tapa that's sweet and swimming in sauce! This looks yummy. I've been meaning to go to Mom and Tina's for so long but I've never been! The other day napadaan ako outside and saw there was so many people dining. Makes me want to try it more! Maybe next time pag hindi masyadong peak hours :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Tapa shouldn't have sauce. Haha!

      Mid-afternoons are perfect for dropping by sis. They don't have a lot of customers pag ganung oras. :)

      Delete
  6. The blue lemonade itself looks very refreshing I wanna try it! I also love "tapa" I can eat it for brunch. breakfast, lunch or even dinner! The serving of the food looks very unique. Hope I can try it someday! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome sis! Yep. Tapa's my all time favorite too. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, merienda. Hehehe!

      Delete
  7. Where is this wonderful place? Wish you had included a map to the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! This branch is along C-5 sis. Across from Tiendesitas. :)

      The map's a good suggestion! I'll try to figure it out. Hehe! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the pictures. Please post the place wanted to try their food! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! I love taking pictures. Hihi!

      These photos were taken in Mom & Tina's C-5 branch, the one across from Tiendesitas. :)

      Delete
  9. I love Mom & Tina's!! But I haven't tried their beef tapa ever so I guess I should next time we visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sis! Try mo. I hope you like it as much as I do. ^_^

      Delete
  10. I loved Mom and Tina's but have never tried the beef tapa. Now I know what to order next time I drop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you usually order at Mom & Tina's? :)

      Delete
  11. Haven't been to Mom and Tina's but I'll check out their Lychee Shake since I'm a huge fan of it. And they way they serve Queso de Bola is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I've tried their queso de bola spread twice, and I wasn't able to finish it both times. Good thing it comes in a jar. Hehe!

      Delete