Mom & Tina's: Best Beef Tapa Ever!
I was craving for some really yummy tapa last week and The Memet knew just where to bring me.
|U.S. Beef Tapa - P295|
There are five (5) main reasons why I love Mom & Tina's U.S. Beef Tapa:
1. It's not sweet. Beef tapa shouldn't be sweet. Ever.
2. It's not swimming in sauce. I've seen some beef tapa out there that looks more like heavily sauced beef steak. Not my thing.
3. It's crunchy! Like bacon! Who doesn't' love bacon?
4. It's mostly lean. I don't like chunks of fat in my tapa.
5. It comes with a side of awesome atchara.
Before we proceed, let me just define two things in case you're not that familiar with the terms "tapa" and "atchara".
"Tapa" is dried or cured beef (usually cured with salt and spices), while "atchara" is a pickle made from grated unripe papaya. (Thanks for the definitions, wikipedia!)
Aside from one beef tapa meal each, The Memet and I also ordered the following:
|Queso de Bola Spread with Bread - P250|
|Blue Lemonade - P60|
|Lychee Shake - P120|
We couldn't finish the Queso de Bola spread, so we took it home instead. The Memet loved his blue lemonade, and I loved my lychee shake.
So you see, Mom & Tina's is a cafe, but it's not just about cakes and pastries. They serve some pretty wicked main course too. It's a little on the pricey side, but trust me, it's well worth it.
What about you? What's your favorite Mom & Tina's dish?
Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe
Twitter & Instagram: @MomandTinas