Huge Conventions Happening in September 2015
There are many reasons why I haven't been able to blog the past couple of weeks. Let me list them here quickly. Yes, I feel I owe you guys an explanation. Hehe!
- Our move finally happened. And yes, when we moved, we had no internet connection waiting for us at the new house, so I had to work out of my parents' house for a while. By "a while" I mean around 3 weeks.
- Our CEO at work has decided to launch a new application and expected launch date is the end of August. Yes, that's this month. And yes, I'm busy. Haha!
- Big events at church. Busy, busy.
The fourth reason is the upcoming Cards & Payments Philippines and E-Commerce Show Philippines 2015. No, I'm not organizing the event, but I'm proud to say that I've been coordinating with the organizers because Bloggers ng Pinas is the event's Official Blogger Group Partner. Okay. Let me just take a moment to breathe and say, "Wow."
The big convention will happen on September 2 & 3 (Wednesday and Thursday), and will be held at the SMX Convention Center right next to Mall of Asia.
There will be 60 expert speakers, 40 international and local exhibitors, and over 1000 attendees. Those numbers alone are proof that it's going to be one big event. Cards & Payments Philippines and the E-Commerce Show Philippines will be the premier meeting place for the entire payments and e-commerce ecosystems from across the country.
Some of the industry leaders who are confirmed to speak at the event are the following:
Undersecretary Prudencio M. Reyes, Jr., Department of Trade and Industry
Inanc Balci, CEO, Lazada Philippines
Paulo Campos, CEO, Zalora Philippines
Raymond Estioko, Deputy Director, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
Orlando Vea, Co-Founder, Smart Communications
Xavier Marzan, President & CEO, G-Xchange, Inc, Globe Telecom
John Owens, Chief of Party, E-PESO
Randy Montesa, Head, Card and Electronic Banking Group, Land Bank of the Philippines
Reese Fernandez-Ruiz, President & Co-Founder, Rags2Riches
Rafael Danilo Reynante, Chief Compliance Officer, Development Bank of the Philippines
Terrapinn Pte Ltd's Managing Director, Sharon Roessen, explains why they decided to launch the conference in Manila:
"With 20 years' experience running Cards & Payments Asia and the E-Commerce Show Asia conferences in Singapore, we are excited to announce the launch of both events in Manila. The Philippines market is going through a phenomenal period of growth, and the opportunities facing the payments and e-commerce markets are vast. We are looking forward to this event becoming the key driver of growth for both these industries."
The Philippines' Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) supports the conference, and this is what Undersecretary Prudencio M. Reyes, Jr. had to say:
"E-commerce in the Philippines is booming, with the market expected to grow to USD 2 billion by the end of 2015. Critical to this continued growth is the sharing of best practice and access to market leading solution providers. We are therefore delighted to be supporting the E-Commerce Show Philippines. As well as delivering the opening address within the conference, we are also excited to be sharing an exclusive update on the E-Commerce 2020 Roadmap. We look forward to meeting all the key players in the Filipino e-commerce community."
Cards & Payments Philippines 2015 will address some of the critical payment infrastructure challenges facing the market, taking a deep dive into the future of e-money, digital payments, crypto-currency, compliance and cash handling.
E-Commerce Show Philippines 2015 will bring together leading e-commerce companies, to learn from e-commerce leaders on best practice customer acquisition & retention, logistical challenges, marketplace disruption and more.
The event is supported by some of the leading solution providers in payments and e-commerce, including:
- SM Lifestyle and Entertainment who will be showcasing their revolutionary e-Plus! Tap to pay system
- Smart e-Money who will be presenting PayMaya, the first non-bank in Asia to be awarded a Visa issuing and acquiring principal license
- Voyager Innovation who will be featuring Takatack, the largest online e-commerce store in the Philippines, and TakThis, which provides online entrepreneurs a storefront where they can post and showcase their product inventories
- SMK-Logomotion, Wirecard, Ziaplex and HPS, who over both days of the conference will be demonstrating their expertise and helping our attendees to drive their business forward
About Cards & Payments Philippines and E-Commerce Show Philippines:
All other bloggers who register after August 20 will receive the standard visitor pass. Hurry, because there are only 50 special visitor passes!
In case you encounter difficulties registering online, you may send me an e-mail at dmpgutierrez[at]gmail[dot]com. :)
For all other questions about the event, you may get in touch with:
Tel: +65 6322 2708
Terrapinn is a business media company. Its products are trade exhibitions, conferences, training solutions, and electronic and print publications. For more information, please visit www.terrapinn.com.