WAH Diaries: My 5 Favorite Online Tools

By Friday, September 11, 2015 ,


I've been working as a Marketing Assistant for CellarStone's VP of Marketing for approximately seven months now. Prior to that, I was a freelancer accepting editing and writing gigs here and there.

Today, I woke up feeling grateful for so many things - one of them my current job - so I thought I'd write about it. It'd be nice to have something to look back to every once in a while so that I'll always be reminded that I have so many things to be thankful for.

I love learning new things. I feel it gives my brain the exercise it craves. So I'm thankful for all the new stuff (work tools) I've learned to navigate so far.

My Top 5 Favorite Online Tools (as a Marketing Assistant)


1. Wordpress. For the past decade or so, I've only blogged through Blogger and I was afraid of Wordpress. Fear of the unknown, I guess? Hehe! But I steadily learned how to use Wordpress, and though I can't claim to be an expert, I'm happy how I was able to give our corporate blog a simple makeover. Here's the URL if you feel like checking it out: http://blog.easy-commission.com/

2. Pixlr. I don't know how to edit photos using Photoshop. The only thing I've been using on all my blog photos is Photoscape. I just use it to adjust the brightness, sharpness, and depth. Oh, and to add my watermark / logo. But when I had to edit company images / logos so that they had transparent backgrounds, I found out Pixlr's pretty easy to use - with the help of Youtube tutorials, of course. Hehe!

3. Hootsuite. Hootsuite is really helpful for marketers and marketing assistants alike - even more so for social media managers. I help manage our company's social media accounts and Hootsuite helps make scheduling posts a breeze. I know a lot of bloggers love Hootsuite too. I have a personal one, but I rarely get to use it anymore because I'm too lazy to sign out of our corporate Hootsuite account. Haha!

4. Act-On. Act-On can also be used to schedule posts, but I mostly use it to schedule posts on LinkedIn groups. It's also great for creating newsletters, landing pages, etc. It can even be used for website analytics!

5. Joomla. I never thought I'd learn to use something like Joomla. It's slightly similar to Wordpress in the sense that it's a platform for creating websites, but it's slightly more complicated than Wordpress. I'm still no expert, but it's not so bad. Check out the website I helped put together: http://maxagreement.com/. It's still mostly a work in progress, but yeah. :)

♥♥♥

So there's my top 5. I hope I didn't geek out too much on you. But yep, those are some of the stuff I face during my work days. It's a huge deviation from the stuff I used to "play" with when I was still in the BPO industry, but like I said earlier, learning new stuff's fun.

Do I have any readers who are social media managers or marketers? Please feel free to share your favorite tools in the comments section below. I'd love to learn about them too! :)


Related Posts

0 comments