#CardsPhil & #EcommercePhil - Day 2

By Thursday, October 01, 2015 ,

After a successful Day 1, Dems and I made our way back to the SMX Convention Center to witness Day 2. (We didn't have to travel far because we stayed the night at a nearby Microtel. Will blog about that soon.)


We slept in and loaded up on breakfast, so we arrived at the venue just as the opening talks at the plenary hall were wrapping up. That was a bit disappointing, but I was glad we chose to join the e-commerce track for the day because the talks were rather exciting!

Here are the topics that we got to attend plus the speakers' details:

  • Blended Transactions: Cash on Delivery - Jiten Lalwani, Co-Founder, Four Eyes
  • Scaling Up Your E-Commerce Business - Subir Lohani, Managing Director, Carmudi Philippines
  • Building a Sustainable Mobile Business in the Philippines - Arthur Policarpio, CEO, Mobext Philippines & Margot Torres, VP Marketing, McDonalds Philippines

Since Day 1, I loved how passionate the speakers were about the topics that they talked about. For someone with no solid background on e-commerce, I was easily able to relate. There was no room for boredom during the talks and I'm sure the attendees got quite a bang for their bucks.

Jiten Lalwani, Co-Founder, Four Eyes

Subir Lohani, Managing Director, Carmudi Philippines

Arthur Policarpio, CEO, Mobext Philippines

Margot Torres, VP Marketing, McDonalds Philippines

Just like the VIPs from Day 1, the speakers that we encountered during Day 2 were all very approachable. Here's another piece of proof:

Me, Ms. Margot Torres of McDonalds Philippines, and Dems

I'm a McDo girl so I was beyond thrilled when Ms. Torres agreed to pose with me and Dems. She was game! Haha! Our McDo photo is easily one of my favorites from the entire event - well, next to my photo with Zalora's CEO, Mr. Paulo Campos. Hahaha!

After the 3 talks, Dems and I wandered out on the floor and sat in on some of the on-floor seminars. The on-floor seminars are free for everyone, so it was no wonder that it was well-attended.


I was pretty amazed at how mobile devices went up every time the speakers changed the slides. Well, taking photos of the slides is definitely easier than writing everything down - I do it too! LOL!

I would say that wraps up my recap of one of the biggest Cards & Payments and E-Commerce Conventions in the Philippines for the year. I'm thinking about compiling all the quotable quotes from the speakers into one blog post, but I haven't fully decided on it yet. What do you think? If no one leaves a comment, then it's a no-go. :p




Related Posts

0 comments