5 Reasons Why 2016 is Awesome

By Wednesday, January 20, 2016 , ,

Memet

It's already the 20th of the month. I can't believe January's almost over and we'll soon be two months into the year.

What. Happened.

In case you noticed (it's fine if you didn't), I wasn't able to blog in the last few weeks of December. And yeah, this is my first blog post this year - and the first month of the year's almost over! Gah!

What happened is this: life happened.

December's a month for parties and reunions. Those happened. Then we also had our Year-End Thanksgiving at church - 2 weeks' worth of preparations. Oh, and The Memet and I went on our obligatory December 24 overnight trip, plus our annual trip to my grandma's place on January 1st. All that in between work and house chores and visitors.

The clincher? Our house help left on the evening of January 1st and never came back. She didn't do laundry for 2 weeks, plus the house was a mess from the holidays. So yes, on the first week of January 2016, my life was a catastrophe.

And then just last week, big changes happened in the company that I work for, so I just got a boat load of responsibilities dumped on me. Not complaining there, because more work means more hours. And I'm being paid on an hourly basis. You get what I mean. Hehe!

But guess what? All this has a silver lining - yes, there's more aside from the perks of more hours at work.

5 Reasons Why My 2016 is Going to be Awesome


1. Our new house help started last week. And she's awesome! She cleans way better than the last one and is infinitely more responsible. She has initiative! And that's rare in house helps these days. And because of her? I'm able to handle this additional work load better.

2. I got myself a year-long subscription to Iflix.com (Thanks to my dear friend Donna of honeys-haven.blogspot.com). I already finished watching all the seasons of Two Broke Girls (laugh fest!) and I'm 5 seasons into Vampire Diaries. Life is good.

3. A few close friends are getting married this year!

4. It's our 7th wedding anniversary this week. It's my understanding that 7 years is quite a milestone in marriages, so yey! The seven year itch that everyone's talking about comes to mind. Some say that for some marriages, couples are no longer happy after being married for around 7 years. Well, we're still definitely happy. So again, yey!

5. You all know that we've made a tradition of traveling to new places on our wedding anniversary. Well, it's not happening this year. Well, we're going to Tagaytay, but we've been there too many times to count. But it's fine, because we're not traveling far this year for a reason. Before you wonder, no, I'm not pregnant. But something totally awesome is going to happen in the next few weeks. I can't tell anyone about it yet because it's a surprise, but no one can stop me from blogging about it once it's here.

I can go on, and on, and on about why my 2016 is going to be awesome, but I'll end it at 5. I'm interested in your year so far. How's your 2016 going? I hope your year's proving to be a great one so far.

Oh, and in case you get antsy while waiting for my next blog post, why don't you visit me on Instagram? I try posting pretty photos there every so often.

P.S. I have yet to replace my profile photo on Instagram. Haha! Peace.

@MemetDiaries



Related Posts

0 comments