Antipolo Food Tour: Kampai Sushi Bar

By Monday, March 14, 2016 ,

Growing up in Saipan (a small island in the Pacific), my family and I frequented a local Japanese restaurant that served authentic Japanese food. I wasn't allergic to shrimp then, so I had a huge love for tempura. The Japanese folks who were regulars at that restaurant were cool people. I was just a kid then, and was hugely thrilled when one of the grandpops from the other table handed me an origami while they were on their way out.

I love Japanese food.


Now that I'm grown up and back in the Philippines (well, the grown up part is only partially true because I only made it a little over 5 feet - half an inch to be precise), I still have that distinct attachment to Japanese food. It is, however, a bit disappointing because not a lot of Japanese restaurants here serve affordable Japanese food that's authentic.

Fast forward to March 12th this year. (Just 4 days after my birthday!) Along with a group of bloggers, I headed to Robinsons Antipolo to embark on an afternoon of food tripping.

Kampai Sushi Bar was my first stop.



I've been to Robinsons Place Antipolo quite a number of times and I've seen Kampai every time I visited, but I never paid much attention to it because the place looked kinda small and I thought it was more a bar than a restaurant.

Well, imagine my surprise when I found out they actually had more space upstairs and - spoiler alert - they serve pretty good food too!





Doesn't the place look absolutely cozy? We interviewed a waiter for a bit and he mentioned that the 2nd floor was where teams of doctors and other professionals usually gather for a meal while having a meeting. 

Here's a peek at the goodies that were served to us:

Spicy Tuna Salad - P148
Spicy Tuna Salad. On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably rate the spiciness of this dish a 7. I can't say I have high tolerance for spicy food, but this one was okay - as long as you scrape off most of the stuff clinging to the tuna. Haha!

It tasted good though, so as soon as my tongue could take it again, I kept popping in a new one. Great appetizer good for 2-3 persons.

Crazy Maki - P198
Crazy Maki. Their crazy maki had salmon, tuna, and cucumber. Salmon and tuna are two of my favorite fishes, so this one was a personal favorite. Hehe! I can't recall exactly what was included on the topping, but that was yummy too.

Sashimi Platter - P358
Sashimi Platter. Who doesn't love fresh sashimi??? Well, okay. I know quite a lot of people who are not fans of raw food and to be honest, neither am I. Japanese fare is the only exception for me. Hehe! So long as it's fresh (and in moderation), sashimi is a great palate-pleaser.

Kampai Special Maki - P248
Kampai Special Maki. For the life of me, I can't recall the ingredients included in this dish, but that was probably because I was too busy stuffing my face. It had crunchy bits inside, and I believe that was salmon (or tuna) on top. It was really good maki.

All of their dishes were served with fresh ingredients. I know, because I'm allergic to seafood that's not fresh. Hehe!

If you're a fan of Japanese cuisine, Kampai Sushi Bar is definitely worth checking out. I wouldn't say it's a 100% authentic Japanese experience - more like slightly modern with a twist - but it's definitely a step up from other main stream Japanese restos in the same price range.

Did I mention they also carry Carmen's Best ice cream? No? Well, they do. Hehe!

Kampai Sushi Bar is located at the ground floor of the al fresco dining area in Robinsons Antipolo. They're open from 10am - 11pm, Sundays to Thursdays and 10am - 1am, Fridays to Saturdays.

Don't forget to check out Robinsons Place Antipolo's social media accounts for more information on Kampai Sushi Bar as well as the other cool restos.

- 0 -

Robinsons Malls
Twitter: @robinsonsmalls
Instagram: @robinsonsmallsofficial

Robinsons Place Antipolo
Twitter: @RPAntipolo
Instagram: @robplaceantipolo

Kampai Sushi Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 


Related Posts

1 comments