Antipolo Food Tour: Marison's

By Friday, March 18, 2016 ,

And now, our last stop from last Saturday's food trip in Robinsons Antipolo: Marison's.

I've actually gotten several IG and Twitter comments from Marison's in the past. So even before the food trip, I already knew of them. And because of that, I was extremely excited to finally be able to sample what they had to offer.

Now let me just say this outright: I'm not the type that's particularly drawn to Filipino food. I don't know what it is about me, I love our country and all, but there's just no pull. I love the regular "silog" dishes (haha!) and of course, sinigang, but that's pretty much it.

I was included in the last group that dined in Marison's. You'd think we'd be facing a table of leftovers (you know, being last and all), but the food just kept coming. We got to chill with the owner, Ms. Marison, and I'd say it was the perfect end to an extremely fun and filling food trip.

So, why don't I show you some of what was served to us and let you know what I thought of 'em?

Bicol Express
Bicol Express. This particular Bicol Express isn't on their official menu yet. Instead of the regular fare, they used Angus beef (yes, you read that right), and there's a "dynamite" type of pepper that had quesong puti (white cheese) inside.

I can't say I've eaten a lot of Bicol Express in my life time, but this one's an absolute must try. The Angus beef was ultra tender and the spiciness was just right for a Bicol Express noob like me.

Definitely worth trying once it's available on their menu.

Sinaing na Buntot ng Tuna - P430
Sinaing na Buntot ng Tuna. I don't know how to translate that in English, but essentially, it's the tail part of a tuna and it's yummy. I mean, how can you go wrong with tuna? Hehe!

They deep fried the tuna first and then they served it with some secret sauce and bits of crunchy pork.

Molo Soup - P110
Molo Soup. I didn't get to try the dumplings in the soup because they were prawn dumplings, but I did sample a little bit of the soup and it was really tasty. It was too bad I couldn't have more of it. Darned allergies.

Crispy Tripe Kare-Kare - 375
Crispy Tripe Kare-Kare. I'm not a big fan of kare-kare mainly because most of the ones I've tasted in the past needed bagoong (anchovies) in order for it to taste good. But I felt sorry for myself because I felt like my allergies were depriving me big time, so I tasted some of the kare-kare without the bagoong.

Here's my verdict: It's good even without the anchovies. And the beef? Oh so tender. It's literally falling apart.

I don't eat innards, so I didn't get to try the crispy tripe, but it does look crispy so I'm kinda regretting that I didn't try even just one piece of it.

Sotanghon Guisado - P200
Sotanghon Guisado. I didn't try this dish anymore because I already had the molo soup and I was afraid my allergies would act up (I was just in the hospital a few weeks ago because of a bad allergic reaction). Everyone around me were praising it though, so it's safe to say that it was also good.


Ms. Marison entertained us the whole time we were there and I got to ask her if they use her recipe for all the food that they serve. I was quite surprised when she said she didn't know how to cook, but she knew what good food tasted like. Well, that makes two of us Ms. Marison!

She knows good food and she helps in conceptualizing new flavors and dishes for their menu, so I say hats off to you, Ms. Marison!

The Robinsons Antipolo Branch is Marison's second one. It's located on the 2nd floor of the al fresco dining area, near the entrance.

Here's a photo of their menu. Just click on the image to view a larger version.


Their food portions are pretty big and are good for sharing. If you look close enough, you'll see a lot of interesting dishes. I know I'm interested, because I'm definitely going back to try the other dishes. I'm bringing my family with me next time, maybe on my in-laws' wedding anniversary next month. :)

Halo-Halo - P120
By the way, I heard lots of praises for Marison's halo-halo, but I didn't get to try it anymore because The Memet had already arrived to pick me up. :( I shall add this to my list of orders the next time I come back.


_____________________________
Marison's
http://www.marisonsph.com/
Twitter & Instagram: @MarisonsPH

Marison's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. I super love Marison's Kare-Kare, Sansrival & Halo Halo! Now I am craving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, their food's really good! Didn't get to try their sansrival, but I'm definitely adding that to my list. Hehe!

      Delete