Beatstroked Summer Music Festival 2016

By Wednesday, June 01, 2016 , ,

I sat in the vehicle with the driver's side window open. I could hear the deep thump-thump-thump of music across the street and I could do nothing but tap my fingers on the steering wheel impatiently.

Having come from an activity at church, I was already late for the first ever Beatstroked Summer Music Festival in SM City Taytay. I practically sped to SM City Taytay as soon as church was over. And I was near - so near - when I realized that my gas tank was empty. It was so empty that the gas gauge was blinking up at me incessantly.

So as the party happened in SM City Taytay, I sat in my car at the Shell Station across the street waiting forever for the gasoline boy to bring me back my credit card.

A century later (haha), I had parked the car and was walking to the venue. There. Were. So. Many. People.

Beatstroked Summer Music Festival

I missed quite a lot of the performers, but I was still determined to have fun. After all, my favorite of them all was performing last.

When I finally joined the rest of the bloggers, media, and VIPs in front of the stage, the music festival was in full swing with DJ Ron Poe spinning out some cool party music.


I'm not much for dancing though, because I have two left feet and I'm awkward by nature - even when people just mostly jump at concerts or music festivals. Haha! I still had fun though.

Next up was Silent Sanctuary. I don't know a lot of their songs, but I enjoyed their performance. It was fun watching them on stage.

Silent Sanctuary

Silent Sanctuary

Silent Sanctuary

Before long, the crowd's energy leveled up several notches. Parokya Ni Edgar was in the house!

Parokya Ni Edgar

Okay, total fan-girl moment here.

I've been listening to Parokya Ni Edgar since the late 90's and I know almost all of their songs by heart. They're number one on my list of favorite bands, and I've even rubbed off on The Memet.n our North Luzon road trip a few years back, we made it our mission to memorize Bagsakan whenever we were on the road for long hours. Ah, memories.

I've seen Parokya Ni Edgar perform live before only because of our company outings and parties (I miss you, Sykes!). Aside from those company outings and parties, the only other live "concert" I've ever been to was when F4 came to Manila when I was in college. Haha!

But anyway, SM City Taytay's Beatstroked Summer Music Festival, the first one ever in the east, is going to have to get bigger artists in the coming years because Parokya Ni Edgar delivered one hell of a performance.

I'm going to indulge you PNE fans (but mostly myself) by posting some of the pictures that I took from the front of the stage. I've never been so ecstatic. I mean, I was just a few feet from Chito Miranda!

Parokya Ni Edgar

Parokya Ni Edgar

Parokya Ni Edgar

Parokya Ni Edgar

Parokya Ni Edgar

Parokya Ni Edgar

Parokya Ni Edgar

Well, there you have it in pictures! The first ever Beatstroked Summer Music Festival by SM City Taytay was a huge success. The crowd had a blast, but everything was in check. No liquor, no drugs, no fights, just a whole boat-load of fun.

SM City Taytay, thank you for bringing a music festival to the east. We love music too, and we're glad we finally have a music festival we can look forward to every year - and we don't even have to travel far, because SM City Taytay is just right there. Hehe!

The following week, there was another music festival in SM Marikina (Indiefest Summer Music Festival), and I swear I would've attended that too. Too bad The Memet and I were out of town - hope to blog about that trip soon.

I'm still trying to upload some of the videos from my phone, but my internet connection won't cooperate. So before I end this post, here's a video that I got from SM City Taytay's Facebook Page. If you didn't go to this year's Beatstroked Summer Music Festival, you'd better be sure to go to the next one. *wink*

Related Posts

3 comments

  1. Im there at SM Marikina Indiefest, hindi kita nakita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay hindi ka pala naka attend. He He He

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaah! Sayang, we could've finally met in person!

      Delete