Staycation: Hotel H2O Manila

By Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hotel H2O

Every December, The Memet and I go on a staycation on the 24th. Just the two of us.

Last December (yes, this post is very, very late), we stayed in Hotel H2O in Manila. I initially wanted to stay at the Sofitel since we were scheduled for a lunch buffet there anyway, but well, the budget wouldn't allow it. Maybe next time.

So after a very filling lunch at the Spiral in Sofitel, we headed to Hotel H2O and checked in.

Check-in was a bit confusing because the front desk was tucked away on a different floor. The confusion might've also been because of the huge crowd that was there at the time. I mean, after all, it was the 24th of December.

The people were friendly enough though, and we were inside our room before long.

Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

The room was spacious enough for two with a beautiful view of the ocean. However, it had a distinct smell to it. It's pretty hard to describe because up to now, I just can't put my finger on it. My guess is that the room is facing the sweltering afternoon sun, and the heat has reacted with either the glass or the furniture inside, thus the smell. I remember smelling it again at a dental clinic in Antipolo when they had their blinds drawn to protect everyone inside from the hot afternoon sun.

Oh, plus the a/c wasn't working properly. It just couldn't cool down the room sufficiently.

I thought I could take the smell and the warmth, so we took a nap. But when we woke up from our nap, my head was throbbing and the smell seemed more intense to me. So I called front desk and requested that they do something about it.

Someone came and tried to fix the a/c and the smell, but didn't really change anything. So early evening that day, we were transferred to a different room on the other wing of the hotel. I was a bit sad about the room transfer because our first room had a big jacuzzi in the bathroom.

Hotel H2O


The new room still had a view of the ocean, but you could also see SM Mall of Asia and Sofitel.


Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

And the bathroom wasn't so bad. It was a whole lot bigger, plus, it had a bathtub. Hehe! Oh, and the a/c was working and it didn't have a smell.

The morning view was quite stunning too.

Hotel H2O

Before breakfast was over, we headed down to the restaurant and had our free breakfast. It wasn't bad, but I won't say it was the best. It was just the standard breakfast fare.

Hotel H2O

Hotel H2O

Overall, I'd say our stay at Hotel H2O was okay. Sure, there was the incident with the first room that we got, but they were gracious in how they dealt with it. We got the attention and assistance that we needed despite it being December 24th.

Next time though, I'd probably book us somewhere a bit more quiet. I wasn't all that thrilled about the crowd - I mean, hello, Manila Ocean Park. Haha!

Related Posts

0 comments