The Reason Behind My Sudden Hiatus

By Tuesday, August 16, 2016 , , ,

I've been away for more than a month now, and I thought I owed it to you guys to explain why.


If you're following me on Instagram or if you've been to my Facebook page, then you already know why. But for those of you who connect with me solely through this blog, the reason is this:

I am now a mother of a beautiful, healthy bouncing baby girl.



Surprised? Yeah, me too.

Her name's Diana Sofia. And I just recently started a blog solely for her: www.deardianasofia.blogspot.com/

The Memet and I have been at it (parenthood) for close to 2 months now. I'm still working, so between work and the baby, I haven't really had much time for anything else - yes, even myself. Apparently, I still have enough time to break down every now and then. The stress for new moms who had no time to prepare can be overwhelming sometimes. I also found myself rather envious of regular employees who have the privilege of going on maternity leave during their babies' first two months.

Adjustment was a huge challenge to say the least. Actually, it still is.

But Sofi can clearly see now, and those times she looks at me and gives me her gummy smile, they remind me that motherhood is beyond special. All those years, we waited to have a baby, and now that she's here, well, I'm often at a loss for words.

Obviously, you'll be seeing more mommy posts moving forward - if I even get a chance to post anything. It might be a while before we start seriously traveling again, but I'm sure we'll find other ways to keep ourselves entertained.

I still have a few travel blog posts that I owe you guys, and I'll get to work on them when I can.

To those of you who visit my blog because of my travel and food posts, I hope you still visit every now and then even when there are baby stuff popping up here and there. Hehe! ♥

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Congrats on your new baby! It is the best feeling in the world! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is, indeed, the best feeling in the world! I'm so happy that our little bundle of joy finally arrived after 7 years. T_T

      Delete